Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Television Shows and Movies that Offer Outfit Inspiration



Being the type of girl who, on a daily basis, loves to 'dress up', I am sometimes stumped when it comes to figuring out what to pair with what. I wouldn't consider myself to be one that follows trends super closely, but  sometimes I do look to other sources for inspiration. As we all know, we get inspired by everything around us... well at some of us do, and for me personally, different shows and movies that I watch offer great fashion ideas. Here are some of my favorites for fashion inspiration:

Shake It Up 
Shake It Up stars Bella Thorne, and Zendaya Coleman
(image from shineon-media.com)
Now granted, this is a Disney channel show, and it is catered to a 'younger crowd', whatever that means..., but  their outfits are obviously quite unique, colorful, and in my opinion fashionably on point!

Jane By Design 




Erica Dasher as Jane Quimby
(Image from abcfamily.go.com)





I don't even know where to start with Jane by Design. First of all it's an ABC Family show, and in my opinion they put out some of America's greatest and most watched television series... Pretty Little Liars, The Secret Life of the American Teenager... and must i say more? But really, one look at the outfits that this cast wears, and you're hooked. Not to mention that the main character's best friend is played by Nick Roux... who may easily be one of the world's greatest looking men.

Pretty Little Liars 


Pretty Little Liars stars Ashley Benson, Lucy Hale, Troian Bellisario, and Shay Mitchell
(Image from youknowyoulovefashion.com)
I know you all probably saw this one coming, but Pretty Little Lairs is truly a show with some awesome stylists because... I mean just look for yourself! It's a show about four different girls trying to solve the mystery of their friend Ali's death, but each girl has their own unique style, as you can see, which is sure to inspire everyone. P.S. I am so in love Aria's outfit here, she's the one wearing brown... in case you didn't know.

Dirty Dancing 


Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey
(Image from lea-michele.com)
Unfortunately I was unable to find the a good picture showing how fully awesome some of the outfits in this movie truly are, so I just used this iconic one from the film that everyone has seen before. If you have ever watched Dirty Dancing, you know that all of the styles in the movie are 100% back in trend, high waist jeans, cut offs and shorts especially.

The Clique 




Sam Boscarino, Sophie Anna Everhard, Elizabeth McLaughlin, Bridget Mendler
(image from jessicanatrina,wordpress.com)
I can remember reading and loving the Clique novels back in 8th grade after first watching the movie adaption by the same name. While most people my age at the time LOATHED the movie, as Lisi herself probably would have said, I LOVED it. The outfits of the members of the "Pretty Committee" really inspired me both then and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment